Use the User Manager to add, edit, and delete users.
The User Manager is where you manage your users. To manage users, click the Users icon to open the User Manager.
Figure 1. The User Manager is where you add, edit, and delete users.
Upon opening the User Manager it displays a list of users registered for an account. Click Add User and complete the user's registration information to add a new user to the account.
- Add a user by selecting the Add User button.
Grant one or more of the following permissions when creating a new user.
|Admin||Grant all permissions.|
|Apps and API Keys||Access to the App Manager. Allows adding, editing, and deleting API keys from an account.|
|Billing||Access to the Billing Manager. Allows changing a billing plan and reviewing current and past bills.|
|Reports||Access to the Report Manager.|
|Resources||Access to the Resource Manager. Manage adding/editing/deleting files from your Cloud API account.|
|Users||Access to User Manager. Manage adding/editing/deleting users for an account.|
When a user is granted permission, the permission is for the account, not the individual user.
- From the Add User dialog, complete the user's information and select the appropriate permissions.
Figure 2. The Add User dialog.
After adding a user, the user is added to the users in the User Manager list.
Figure 3. A user granted access to Resources only.
Figure 4. After adding a user the user's information appears in the User Manager list.
After adding a user, that user is sent an email inviting him or her to log in. The user must click the Log in or sign up link to log in to their account.
Figure 5. New users receive an email informing them to log in.
After clicking the Log in or sign up link the user is taken to the DynamicPDF Cloud API log in screen with the user's information pre-filled. The user must complete the following steps.
- Validate the information is correct.
- Create a new password.
- Click Get Started for Free button and user is presented a confirmation screen.
Figure 6. User Registration form for newly created user.
After registering, the user is sent a verification code to his or her email.
Figure 7. User registration security code verification.
- Enter the verification code in the confirmation screen and the user's registration is complete.
The user is then required to log in.
Figure 8. The DynamicPDF Cloud API log in screen.
If you need to change your password then perform the following steps.
- From the login screen, click the Forgot password? link.
Figure 9. Password reset link.
- Enter your email address then click the Send Password Reset Email button to send an email.
Figure 10. Send an email to reset your password.
- Click the Reset Password Link in the email to be taken to the screen to reset your password.
Figure 11. Reset password email.
- Enter a new password and click Reset Password to reset your password.
Figure 12. Resetting to new password.
You can edit or delete users from an account. To edit a user click the small pencil icon. To delete a user click the small trashcan icon.
Figure 13. Edit a user by clicking the pencil icon.
Figure 14. Delete a user by clicking a trashcan icon.
"Deleting" a user does not delete the user from the DynamicPDF Cloud API. It removes the user from the environment. A user still belongs to other environments if applicable.